Our Commitment to Being a Just Peace Congregation
We believe God calls us to have a passion for justice and a commitment to peace.
- We believe God’s call to faith, mercy and justice obligates us to recognize the connection between the spiritual and the political.
- The Gospel calls us to put our faith in action for personal and societal transformation.
- Our passion for justice, our commitment to peace, and our belief in the power of love bind us together and empower us as agents for healing and reconciliation.
- We reach out to bridge dividing walls of national hostility through our partner church relationship with Ebenezer Baptist Church in Cuba.
Faith in Action
Our members are active in the following organizations:
- UCC Justice and Witness Team
- Dances of Universal Peace
- Peace Coalition of Southern Illinois
- Good Samaritan House
- The Women’s Center
- Adolescent Health Center
- Migrant Healthcare Clinic
- Gaia House Interfaith Center
- Carbondale Interfaith Council
- Church Women United
- CROP Walk
- Habitat for Humanity
- Southern Illinois Regional Effort for AIDS