Our Commitment to Being an Open and Affirming Congregation
- We believe that our value as human beings is given to us by God, and that God calls us to relate to each other as whole persons with love, respect, trust, mutual nurturing and acceptance.
- We include and affirm all who come to us regardless of gender, race, age, marital status, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, economic class, physical or psychological differences.
- We believe that including everyone in our language about God and people more clearly reflects God’s own all-embracing welcome.
- We offer pre-union counseling for couples, in addition to performing commitment ceremonies and holy unions.
- We have an open communion table, and all are invited to partake of the elements.
Faith in Action
Members encourage dialogue on orientation issues through active participation in: